New Ultimate Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
Have been saving up for ages and doing **** loads of work and, its all paid off. I've got around £5000($10,000) in my bank account set aside for the new build

Now its the fun part- picking what to get for the new rig.
As i said , Ive got £5000 to spend. This is a lot i know, ;) , but i want everything- system, speakers, OS, Keyboard Mouse, Monitor etc. The system will be used for gaming - I want to be able to play EVERYTHING on highest :D , listening to music and surfing the internet. I'm not very experienced with water cooling, but I would be willing to look into it if you guys recommend it.
So, Please take some time to help me choose the components for my new build.
Thanks a bunch in advance.

Read the rig in my signature. Change out the 680i for the Evga 750i FTW and you now have basically the most powerful system you can buy at this moment. The new video cards will be coming out next month though.

Edit: also "extreme" edition chips are not worth the money before you ask.

Read the rig in my signature. Change out the 680i for the Evga 750i FTW and you now have basically the most powerful system you can buy at this moment. The new video cards will be coming out next month though.

Edit: also "extreme" edition chips are not worth the money before you ask.

Even if you have millions, its still a waste of money and will make no difference.

You could SLi two 9800gx2's, but you won't seem much more performance, and it will dump tons of heat in your case.

My advice- wait for the GT280 and sli two of those :D

Nothing wrong with heat. Living in colorado i just use my computer to keep my place warm during the 8-9 months a year its below 60 degrees outside :)

thats so much money..but just wait for the gt280 like alex said, but personally i would spend all that money on a computer...

$2000-2500 should be a good budget to work with. The most expensive items are probably going to be your monitor,case and gpu assuming you go with a kentsfield

evga 750i
9800gx2 (gt280 if you choose to wait)(NOT SLI, SLI= WASTE)
seagate 500GB 7200.11
q9450
4gb crucial tracers, corsair xms2
win vista 64-bit
650tx psu
i wouldnt worry about sli its really a big waste. when the computer starts to get outdated your left with 2 mid range cards nobody wants. and u pay 100% extra cash for like 40% more perf.

stick with ddr2 for now. everybody seems to be gettin ocz but i really am not a fan of ocz. I would prefer gskill or crucial or corsair.

the q9450 would be a good alternative to the q6600, in terms of overclocking itll be better than the q6600 offering a smaller die. it seems like its going to be the new budget quad of the 45nm series.

eVGA 750i FTW
GT 280 (comes out in June/July)
Western Digital 640gb
Q6600 (overclocked) w/ Xigmatek Rifle and TX-2
4gb G-Skill Kit of Newegg
Corsair 650tx
Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium

True the q9450 is faster than the q6600 clock per clock and is 45nm, but q6600 overclocks better unless you have a board that has high FSB because the q9450 has a lower FSB Hole and lower multiplier

dont you need to SLI the 9800GX2 to get both GPU to work together like the 3870X2?

the 9600GT in SLI give u 90% performance gain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom