New toys, Eyefinity (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to comment on that bottle of booze....but was to star struck by all those monitors :big_grin:

Also having weird crashes while playing the BC2 beta, about 10 minutes in the graphics tear and the game does a CTD. Then if I go on the net some graphics will look majorly distorted, and if I play any movie file it just looks distorted to the point of no visual and I have to exit it. When I restart, everything is back to normal. I'm starting to think it's either the new drivers or my new OC but it's only from stock to 3.7Ghz and temps at over an hour with prime never go above 42c, video card stays cool at also at full load. A 550vx should power this system no problem...right?

Taking a look at the pics on the first page, I see that on your updated pic of your rig with the 5870 and Megahalems, one of the locks for the first stick of RAM is loose. Has that been fixed? That might be contributing to your problems.

lol I have to view this in imageshack just to load the pics as my network connection sucks... but those are from EVGA right?

*****EDIT*****
ok, so I suppose it helps if I don't just look at the pictures and get frustrated at my wifi... EVGA offers a dual screen setup, had seen it months ago so thought it was the same thing. this.... this is just beautiful, brings tears to my eyes almost. excellent job dude! I'm more than envious!

pretty cool, but isn;t your ram running an single channel that way (some mobo;s run dual chan that way, but thats usually for older boards). I cant tell if the heatsink is in the way to use those slots though, it looks like it might be.

@ Burn- read the bit of commentary that I typed above that picture:

Inside of computer after setting in GPU and Megahalems (It wasn't finished then, you can see pci brackets missing, ram not pushed in all the way and wire galore):

;)

james.wired, could you post a link to that display adapter you're using? Thanks ;)

EDIT: Wait.. is a display adapter needed? I've been looking on NewEgg and it has two DVI ports and an HDMI port and a DisplayPort port... Would I be able to use both DVI and the HDMI? I wouldn't want to spend the money on something that I wouldn't need.

EDIT2: Aww... I've been reading a little more on this. It seems as though I can't use the HDMI in tandem with both DVI :( And from what I've been seeing, the display adapter thing is ~$100 dollars, am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom