New System Unstable, freaky stuff happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
My System for some reason (the one I just built) is acting wierd as ****. Here is whats happening:

This has happened maybe 5x in 2 days,
All the sudden, my speakers will let off a high pitch noise and the PC will Lock Up, and I have to reboot.

I have the Logitech 5.1 Speakers, with X-Fi sound card. This also happens alot when I try to start Flight Simulator X...which brings me to my next problem.

Almost EVERY time I start Flight Simulator X, at one point while Im playing (usually within 10 minutes), the system will go to a Blue Screen of death (saying Dumping Memory) or it will lock up, or I will get an error message. I would think this problem is isolated with FSX, but my PC is locking up randomly while Im browsing the Internet! Now for some reason I lost my Wireless Adapter connection (this may or may not be a PC issue). On top of that, every time I have to restart (which happens alot), half the time the Monitor wont come on.

Whats going on with my PC?

there could be a problem or conflict with your sound card. i would uninstall all the drivers, remove the card for the machine and use it for a day or two and see if the problem occurs.

also what is the stop error code on the BSOD?

If there was a conflict....(cuz Im not sure I have the sound hooked up right) Would that cause my game to crash?

any hardware conflict can cause a system to crash or stop responding and casuse a blue screen.

when trouble shooting new builds i like to take out all the none necessary parts and add them in piece by piece and run test to see where my problem is.

i would start with the sound card, if the problem continues with out the sound card and its drivers i would move on to running some tests on your memory this is also a common cause for system crashes.

yes it has happened to me as well.
as stated, remove and then reinstall drivers.
also, if possible change the pci slot you have the card in.
sometimes that works.

I have a question. With my surround sound system, I have three colored cords that run from my amp to the back of the PC. However, the Sound Card does not have matching Colors, only the Mobo does.... Should I put the cords in the color matching mobo or stick them in the Sound Card?

The Colors are Orange, Black and Greenish

Come on man.. try to keep everything in one thread. And this should be posted in hardware troubleshooting or something, not building high-end pc's.

Have you tried running memtest overnight?

definatly stick them in the soundcard...you dont really need to worry that much about the colours, goto ur sound card options and see what each slots mean, eg(rear speaker slot, front speaker slot, sub slot) etc etc

also disable your integraded soundcard.

devcrow said:
definatly stick them in the soundcard...you dont really need to worry that much about the colours, goto ur sound card options and see what each slots mean, eg(rear speaker slot, front speaker slot, sub slot) etc etc

also disable your integraded soundcard.

As above, it doesnt matter that one or 2 colours dont match, it will say on the instructions what colour plugs into where, i have Logitech x530s(5.1) and a X-fi Xtreme audio sound card and mine is like that but i just looked at what colour goes where and it works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom