New System Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobby

Solid State Member
Intel CORE 2 Q6600/2.4Ghz/2x4MB/1066FSB/LGA77
Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
Team Xtreem 2G Kit(2 x 1024M) PC6400 800Mhz 3-3-3-8
Western Digital 250G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD(16Mb Cache)
Western Digital 250G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD(16Mb Cache)
MSI GF8800GT 512M OC DDR3 2 X Dual Link DVI HDCP HDTV-Out PCI-E
Pioneer DVR-215BK 20x Dual Black OEM with software- SATA
Corsair HX-520 ATX Power Supply, 120mm fan
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium64bit

This will cost me around the AUD$1600 mark

Will upgrade to 4gig of RAM over the next few months.

Drop me some pointers

Welcome to Tech-Forums, Nobby!!!

Everything is great! I don't really have any additional comments to it. It's that good. Awesome job on picking the parts.

That is some RAM kit you picked there too. Very tight timings, for that speed.

hmm...You may want to get a Seagate 7200.11 500GB or 750GB hard drive, unless you're planning on putting those in RAID 0.

Man, i have not been on here for a while, but i have been trying to keep up to date with everything. I agree that is a great system. Great mobo and cpu choice.

i have the ds3r, can't say anything about it as i don't have my cpu yet... :( but it definitely looks like a great board!!!

and great parts list, definitely headed in the right direction with that rig.

what about a case? already have one?

If you are only using 2G of RAM, why not just stick w/ XP?

Also I agree w/ b1g I would recommend the Seagate 7200.11 500GB Barracuda

looks perfect, with the exception of the HD, but I must say that 3-3-3-8 is freaking nice timings

Nice Ram! I really don't understand why people love to Vista Bash so much. SP1 fixed a TON of issues and even without it I never had any problems. People who normally have issues are running computers too slow for Vista. Vista now is much better than XP was at this stage. I remember just as much, if not more, complaints about XP in it's early stages.

Cheers,

I have spent hours reading through your forums and looking at specs of chips, mobo etc, I am new to looking at the techo side of computing. All I can say is that internet is just such a powerful tool. What I learnt over the past month has blown me away.

I look forawrd to ordering my system this week. Should have her up and running soon. Thanks guys.

What is difference between an IDE HD and SATAII HD, They are the same price to Capicity ratio???

PS

The reason I chose the 2 - 250 Gig HD's, is because:
A. I wanted 2 HD's, 1 for OS the 2nd for running games
B. 500 Gig in total is going to be a **** load storage space
C. to squeeze the price down.

Nobby said:
What is difference between an IDE HD and SATAII HD, They are the same price to Capicity ratio???

IDE is an old interface for connecting hard drives, and SATA replaces that. SATA II is a lot better, because the cable is smaller, and more manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom