New system, let me know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImMaN3

Baseband Member
Hey guys, upgrading in a few weeks, budget is around 1000.

Here's what i figured so far, let me know if you see any problems or if you have any advice :)

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
AMD Phenom x4 9750
Kingston 2G 800 Kit 2x1G
Maxtor SATA 250G
Asus 9600GT 512mb
Asus SATA DL DVDRW
Coolermaster Extreme 550W
Antec Nine-Hundred
Windows XP Professional

are you a hardcore amd fan or just don't you realize that Intel makes better CPU's for your money right now.

Mobo: 750i FTW
CPU:Q6600 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283
RAM: Newegg.com - mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) with EPP Profile Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
or
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory if you like MIR
GPU: 8800GT 512
HDD: Seagate 7200.10 250gb
case: Antec 900
PSU: Corsair 650tx

All this came to a subtotal of $954

This is what i would choose. Re-use a copy of XP Pro..don't you dare pay for XP Pro it's too old to still pay.

This is a very good system for the price and will overclock intensely.

you read my mind with the ram However his original amd board had SLI and was around 180 so i figured i would throw in a 750i ftw board. I wouldn't make him pay for XP....he HAS to be able to have another copy legally.

However he is from austrailia and i don't know prices there....i doubt he is in the states right now.

Thanks for your replies :)
Im an AMD fanboy at heart unfortunately, any other mobos you can suggest?
I was tossing up between the 9600 GT or the 8800 GT because the 8800 gives better performance yet the 9600 is cheaper.

Ive already got XP waiting for my new comp :D

Thanks again

PS. the 8800 gt is 40 bucks more than the 9600 gt over here, reckon its worth it?

All my stuff is from MSY in melbourne, crap service but excellent prices if you're willing to wait (queues are huge on weekends).

Ill check out IST, thanks :p

Thanks for your replies :)
Im an AMD fanboy at heart unfortunately, any other mobos you can suggest?
I was tossing up between the 9600 GT or the 8800 GT because the 8800 gives better performance yet the 9600 is cheaper.

Ive already got XP waiting for my new comp :D

Thanks again

PS. the 8800 gt is 40 bucks more than the 9600 gt over here, reckon its worth it?

the 8800gt is better but not worth 40$ in my opinion, plus the 9600gt does better in SLI than the 8800gt because it scales 90% in SLI

and its nice to see a person not using Intel for once:

780a board
AMD Phenom 9750 or Phenom 9850
4gb DDR2 800 Kit's are really cheap nowadays
Avoid Maxtor HD's as they have the Highest Disk Fail rate
Case is up to you
For PSU's check out Ste's PSU Guide and see if any of the PSU's there are capable of being cheap in MSY stores

the 8800gt is better but not worth 40$ in my opinion, plus the 9600gt does better in SLI than the 8800gt because it scales 90% in SLI

and its nice to see a person not using Intel for once:

780a board
AMD Phenom 9750 or Phenom 9850
4gb DDR2 800 Kit's are really cheap nowadays
Avoid Maxtor HD's as they have the Highest Disk Fail rate
Case is up to you
For PSU's check out Ste's PSU Guide and see if any of the PSU's there are capable of being cheap in MSY stores

Im not against Intel's CPUs, i realize that they offer better performance, but i dont like the way Intel does its business.

KK cheers, ill check into them when i get home from school.

Thanks heaps for the help guys, appreciate it :D

I agree, I like their performance and I recommend them a lot, but I don't like their business strategies or their egos, they're just bad people in my opinion! But I'm a fanboy of Performance, but I like AMD better :)

but my build is good for an AMD lover, I believe Dainius (a guy on this forum is selling a gently used Asus Crosshair and Phenom 9850)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom