New system (first build ever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xK1LLSW1TCHx127

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I am looking to build a new system over the summer, but i am on a budget, like really really hardcore budget (i do not give a number here because the info i will provide below should give you an idea =)). I would like to build decent gaming PC, this is the two possibilities i have right now, can i get some input on which will deliver more performance?

AMD FX-4170 + AsRock 970 Extreme3 + G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB 1600Mhz + Radeon HD 6750

or

i5-2500K + Gigabyte GA-z68 + G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB 1600Mhz + Radeon HD 6750

I have Seagate Barracuda SATA s to put into the puppy, 2 TB

I have spent at least 24 hours researching this in total, and i have decided that while the intel build would be like 100 bucks more, it would deliver more...you know... Umpf. Is this true? Will the intel build give me more power? if yes, is the extra kick worth the 100 bucks? Which would you build?

Thank you all so much! Might be back with more questions:wink:

The 2500K will walk all over the 4170, but the 4170 is no slouch either. If you can handle the extra $100 then go for it... but if you can't the 4170 wouldn't disappoint you.

Pretty much what Trotter said, although there are other things to take into consideration.

Gaming PCs are not typically CPU bound, its the video card that will make a world of difference (depending on the game and generation of CPU).
So while you're leaving everything the same, yes the 2500K is better; but if you take the $100 saved and put it toward a better video card, you'll be better off with AMD.

Roark has it spot on.. While the 2500k will benefit you, spending that extra $100 on a better video card will beat the Intel build in gaming.

Roark has it spot on.. While the 2500k will benefit you, spending that extra $100 on a better video card will beat the Intel build in gaming.

Great, thanks! What you all said matches what i found with research, great! Now, part 2. Which system will provide better performance overall? I ask this because i'm working on a few android projects and i would also like to make sure that i won't have to worry about upgrading for at least 2 more years, so my question is, which system is more likely to stay a decent system for longer? And whuch of the two would perform better overall? (photo editing, software developer kits, word processimg etc)
Thank you all so much!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom