New System Build: Recommendations Please On This Build & Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2wOah

Solid State Member
Guys, thanks for letting me join the board, new member here (points to post count *grin*)

Guys, I am trying to build this new system, and trying very hard to stay below $1100 if viable. Everything is pretty much set in stone, with the exception of the: motherboard, case, cpu cooler and memory.

I would truly welcome any experienced comments if you can spare a moment: https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...p?WishListNumber=8395188&WishListTitle=System

I very much want to stay with the dual core if viable, and want a minimum of 4 gigs of DDR2-800, maybe the 4-4-4-12 latency? I would like the ability to later jump into a Phenom quad with the same motherboard if at all possible as well as faster memory, but man am I ever back and forth with the Gigabyte, MSI, and Asus selections.

I really do not desire to overclock anything presently, but may in the future, its not an ultra high priority.

I simply do not want to make a bad purchase. Also on the case, I would prefer not to have to overspend for a case if possible, but would want something semi nice, maybe that 900 Antec is overkill? I have one video card (ATI HD 3870), one hard drive, and one dvd write going in it, and thats about it.

Windows XP 32bit is the present operating system.

Once again, comments from any of you vets that can toss one my way would be great. As you can see my the link the only thing missing is the motherboard, and maybe the memory could be swapped for another type?

Thanks guys, very much.

I recommend building around an intel base.

Gurusan, I read posts on here for that last 1/2 hour also that back what you are saying. I am not an overclocking guru by any means, and I do want the maximum longevity of my system without compromising it.

But, I am well able to take recommendations from you guys, the more experienced builders on what to do, I am not above correction. When I wanted recommendations, I meant it.

So, is there a faster build to go with on the intel side? I do a TON of graphic design and some gaming. Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw etc.

In my games, I like nice graphics, like Crysis and more.

I just want to stay in my budget. So there is a better setup with Intel vs the AMD 6400+? If there is, what motherboard and processor would it be?

I just realized you didn't choose a mb in your build. what is your budget anyways?

$1100 maximum right now. Yes, right now there is a AMD 6400+ in that price with no motherboard selected. The AMD of course could be removed and replaced with an intel (if it truly was faster), and then a motherboard selected.

I am all ears.

Thats a good budget to work off of... you can probably be hooked up with an e8400.

An e8400 is faster then a AMD 6400+ ?

Lot of information to take in, heh. I just want to know the best MB/CPU to go with in my budget for fastest speed and throughput of course. Thought it was the AMD, now I am unsure.

WOW, now I see. The 6400+ is already overclocked and has 2 megs L2 Cache, and the Intel is 3.0 ghz and can be overclocked to 3.6 and has 6 megs L2 Cache, and the Intel is STABLE.

Am I understanding this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom