New System Build

yes, this has been mentioned a couple times now. thank you.
I was well aware of the power consumption and heat before my purchase as I've read and/or viewed multiple reviews/posts/etc.
I took a good hard look at both companies and their offerings. this card won this time, for me. I've always had Nvidia cards and every single one had issues. MX420 (RAM issue), 6600gt (died), 7900gt(RAM issue), 8800gt (RAM issue). my RMA of my 8800GT gave me this Radeon 5750 which is a refurb, but has held solid since I received it, zero issues. so, i'd like to go down the path of R9.

so, gfx card *check*, processor *check*

mobo time.

so, took a look at the Exteme6 - bit to much here in Canada. the Extreme4 seems to have a lot of bad reviews (newegg.ca). more 1's than 5's. the anniversary is still on the list.
the MSI Gaming 5 is also lookin' pretty nice too. decent reviews.
decisions decisions XD
the MSI was in stock last night on NCIX but now it's ***
bleh. shows the supplier wear house has stock though.

There's 8GB of F Skill ripjaws for 56 bucks so that should do the trick for RAM
There's a CM750M as well for just over 100 bucks.

Did you read the reviews? The going theory is that the Z97 line is being shipped with bad CMOS batteries and the boot up problems are resolved once the battery is replaced. I've built 6 rigs with their Z97 line with 0 issue. Anniversary being in the roomies rig with aforementioned eVGA 970. He's had the rig a year this month with 0 issues and our machines get turned off every night. I can understand the scare though. My best friend has an eVGA Z97 Classified and eVGA's Z97 line is pretty solid, as is MSI's. Also, on the Extreme4, if the people with issues put a small heatsink on the LDO Regulator I bet it won't have any issues.

Do you mean CX750M? On Newegg it's 129 CA, so instead I'd spend the extra 10 and get this instead.
SeaSonic S12G-750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Active PFC Power Supply, Intel Haswell Ready - Newegg.ca

For the same price this is also a better unit than the CX.
SeaSonic M12II 750 SS-750AM2 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Full-modular Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready - Newegg.ca

Back
Top Bottom