New System build

unnamedcreatori2

Beta member
I have already build one computer and I have novice experience in doing so, so i would like to ask for your lovely people's opinions on what should be in my next pc build.

I have around £1000-£1200 to spend and this will include an 1080p HD monitor which I haven't pick yet

this build will be centred around an Intel Core i7 4770K 1150 socket at 3.5ghz, this is around £250. ARK | Intel® Core

all the others parts are up for discussion and your opinions

parts needed:

motherboard 1150 socket, must thing about future proofing and be able to over clock

video/graphics card, this is were I want the money to be spent but nothing to expensive like a titan, would like to over clock too and add water cooling.
i was going to go with the hd radion 7990 or the R9 290X but do you have any suggestions?Asus AMD Radeon HD 7990 Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

VTX3D AMD Radeon R9 290X X-Edition 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, 2x DVI-D, Display Port, 512-Bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

R.A.M I am thinking about going with corsair 1600mhz 16gb 2x8Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Power supply, i don't know how much wats i would need for this system so you guys will have to help me here.

anything else on this list its up to you guys i want to make a good computer out of this money i have to last at least 5 years. thank you

What's the purpose of the rig? If it's for gaming, you don't need an i7, and you definitely don't need to overclock the CPU for a gaming rig.

For the GPU, that's up to you. You could get a 290x or a 780. If you're willing to spend a bit more the 780ti will be out soon as well.

For the motherboard, an ASRock Extreme4 Z87 would be perfect and not expensive. Yes, it can overclock well even though it's not necessary.

The RAM you linked is fine.

PSU, this would be plenty for a single card setup.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seasonic-Mo...8&qid=1383789215&sr=1-2&keywords=seasonic+650

I would recommend an SSD, a 120GB at the minimum in the Corsair Neutron GTX or Samsung 840pro flavor.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if this is a gaming rig even with a top end card from today it won't last 5 years unless you want to run with low/medium settings. A 4670k or 4770k will be fine for the next 3 or 4 years, but the GPU is what will get dated quickly in terms of performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom