New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrdude485

Baseband Member
hello all. had a post on the old forum but that unfortunately got removed as far as i can find. anyways, recently purchased parts for a new pc(they are still shipping) and am wondering before i open anything if this is a good rig. i researched everything until it seemed like overkill but i still get mixed feelings...

Case: Aspire x-navigator
CPU: AMD 64 |3200+ ATHLON 64 939P Venice
HDD: 2xWD 250GB 7200RPM 16MB
MB: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
RAM: DDRAM 1GB 512X2|OCZ PC3200 400Mhz
GPU: eVga 6800gt
PSU: Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W(aspire only has 20 pin connector. bastards)
SC: SB Audigy Plat Pro

Im wondering if i need to upgrade fans or little stuff liek that to get good OC specs as i am a n00b in that category. I am pretty much at budget right now (1500):D. Gracias for any suggestions.

Yes, Thats an awesome system.
I wish I could afford to make that..

Put that thing together NOW!

Thats a real nice system. You'll be happy with it. Only thing is you didnt put down any optical drives. You should always have a floppy drive in case u flash your bios, or you need a boot disk. FOr a DVD drive, the ND-354OA is quite good.

If your going to OC, you should have a decent air cooler at least. The Zalman 7700CU is very good. You should also get some Arctic Silver 5.0 regardless of whether or not your going to overclock

haha awesome thanks guys. its been a while since my old athlon back in '01. yea i'm getting a NEC dvd dual layer, gigabyte combo DVD/CD-RW and using a spare floppy. Wasn't sure if i was going to get the thermal paste but seems cheap enough. havent looked at the zalhman but im assuming it goes into one of the drive bays.... x-navigator case comes with 4x80mm and 1x120mm fan so im not sure if i really need it, or do i.....?

so now that i'm thinking about it..... my case w/ psu was about 160. now im stuck getting a new psu because my mobo needs a 24 pin connector. so if i return the case to newegg and ge the x-navigator w/out the psu i get charged a 15% restock fee but i get about 130 bucks back. that leaves me spending about $105 on the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W and $60 on a new case so im only losing about $30 rather than 105. I was wondering if there is a case w/out psu comprable to the x-navigator and its fan capability(need to keep a cool system). also if you have any suggestions on the psu because it si backordered on ebuyer.....

well already ordered it cuz i was under budget then this whole case shit happened so dont want to go through the trouble of returingin it. also it was only 50 bucks more and i can get the extra .2 ghz above the OC'd 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom