New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sh0r_ty said:
na loosening the latency does notin for that ram like 1 or 2mhz over the max with 2-2-2-5 but ddr520 is still good and yea i know they take a lot of juice but that mobo can give up to 4vdimm so thats cool

people were getting 2.8 with the x2 3800 on stock cooling but they were getting hot. its just that the more recent venice cores don't seem to be doing as well :(

i spose it comes down to cash anyone have any idea whats a good stepping and week for the venice?

By loosening the timings, I got a 90mhz overclock on some cheap ass value ram.

yea but these thinks are made for 2-2-2-5 timings and same as my present ram loosenig the timings won;t do anything. at the moment my max ram oc is my max ram oc no matter the timings but they refuse to go to anythink lower than 2-3-3-8 no matter how much voltage or how low the speed that i set them to is. just the way that it is some ram is meant to go fast mhz and some is meant to go fast timings. the g.skill gh does both to a very good degree as in my oppinion 2-2-2-5 timings are excellent (some people have got these to 1.5-2-0-0 with a64 tweaker) and ddr520-530 aint bad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom