Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
How does this sound
AMD Venice 3000+
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D
1gig G.Skill PC4800 2.5-4-4-8 2t
200gig WD SATA HDD
128mb 6600GT PCI-E (which brand?)
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream or Armor (depending on money)

what do u guys think? btw this is an ocing rig
could anyone tell me what a good stepping is for the venice 3000+?

its great itas just like the other 100 peoples who have posted almost exact same thing. search the forums.
again evga6600GT please search the forums.
again all overclocking will be different from machine to machine we can not answer ur overclocking questions.

Let me know how you like that motherboard. I'm thinking about getting a similar configuration. Except with an AMD 3200 Venice.

Are those the TCCD version of the Gskills? Those are some crazy chips.

The only thing about buying those chips is it might take some of the fun out of OC'ing. If you already have DDR600, I would be disppointed if I couldn't get DDR700 lol . But if you buy some good TCCD's DDR400 you'd be stoked as hell to get DDR600 :D

That is just my demented problem. Should be a fun project.

What cooling are you going to be using?

lol guys i've made almost 600 posts on the overclocking forum and my system is oced already im not super noob the only questions i have about this system are what u guys think of the ram and what u think of the cases?

im thinking i will change the ram to the G.Skill PC3200GH cos
those chips are labled winbound UTT but people on xtremesystems are saying that they are experimental bh-5. the reviews i can find got them to ddr520 2-2-2-5 1t which seems like it won't limit me :) also thinking that if i have enough cash i will get a X2 3800 and oc that for fun hehe

to get those i will have to downgrade the hdd to a seagate 80gig SATA but i can get another one pritty quick

im thinking i will change the ram to the G.Skill PC3200GH cos those chips are labled winbound UTT but people on xtremesystems are saying that they are experimental bh-5. the reviews i can find got them to ddr520 2-2-2-5 1t which seems like it won't limit me also thinking that if i have enough cash i will get a X2 3800 and oc that for fun hehe
The BH-5 chips are good chips, I would like to remind myself some of the results but XS is down :( . I wouldn't worry about 2-2-2-5 with them, see what you can get at 2.5-3-3-7 or something. Homefully DDR550 at least.

I don't know about the X2 for OC'ing. The results I have read have not been overly great. You can definately go further on the single core.

Edit: I did just find a review saying those chips take 3.6 volts :eek: , so don't be afraid to run some juice through them :p

na loosening the latency does notin for that ram like 1 or 2mhz over the max with 2-2-2-5 but ddr520 is still good and yea i know they take a lot of juice but that mobo can give up to 4vdimm so thats cool

people were getting 2.8 with the x2 3800 on stock cooling but they were getting hot. its just that the more recent venice cores don't seem to be doing as well :(

i spose it comes down to cash anyone have any idea whats a good stepping and week for the venice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom