New system (56K Warning at Page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New system

You really don't sound like someone who has been working with computers lately.. or else you just like to short change yourself.

Anyway, the suggestion about the 4870 X2 is a valid one. You would be better off to just buy one of those than spend $700 on dual 4870's.

To each his own though.

You really don't sound like someone who has been working with computers lately.. or else you just like to short change yourself.

Anyway, the suggestion about the 4870 X2 is a valid one. You would be better off to just buy one of those than spend $700 on dual 4870's.

To each his own though.

You really don't sound like someone who has been to newegg recently...

Dual 4870's aren't $700

Newegg.com - DIAMOND 4870PE5512 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

$500 shipped for 2.

Only reason I opted for vista 32 bit was because everybody I know with 64 bit hates it. They all say nothing is compatible with it, tons of programs dont work that I use. It just sounds like a big hassle vs 32bit.

I went to newegg and looked at the reviews for vista 64 and everybody there is also saying there isnt much at all compatible with it.

Only reason I opted for vista 32 bit was because everybody I know with 64 bit hates it. They all say nothing is compatible with it, tons of programs dont work that I use. It just sounds like a big hassle vs 32bit.

The problem is more than half of the memory you bought will not be able to be used with Vista 32 bit.

32bit operating systems can only address a specific number of bits in memory. 64 Bit corrects this by adding another 32 numbers to each address.

The fact of the matter is, YOU CANNOT USE MORE THAN 4GB OF TOTAL MEMORY IN THE SYSTEM WITH 32 BIT WINDOWS.

End of story.

As aspire has said you won't be able to use half your ram so I wouldn't bother putting the second 4gb in unless you get a 64bit os.

And for the record there is a noticeable difference in performance between Intel and AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom