New SSD not being seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got bios to see it and vista is now installed, but when I hit f11 and try to boot from it I get a "NTLDR is missing. Press ctrl+alt+dlt"

Does this have to do with the fact that I already have a copy for vista installed on another hard drive and the Mboard is getting confused?

ok, try to set the boot priority to the SSD where vista is installed. then boot up and see what happens.

how did you get the bios to see it?

No, same error. This is really bothering me. If I let windows boot up normally it lets me choose between the two installed WINDOWs (1 on the SSD and 1 on the old HD) but when I select the SSD I hear my HD start spinning up...yeah weird.

Also when I do boot into the ssd nothing works it seems; at least the network stuff doesn't work.

ok, so you can now boot off of the SSD?

install the drivers, that's most likely why the network stuff dont work.

also when booting up unplug your old HDD and just have the SSD installed when booting.

No no. I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I need to OS-disc to select which install to boot from. That's the only way I can boot from ssd I think.

I've already tried disconnecting my old HD and when I do I get that NTLDR error.

Ok I want to wipe my partition with the OS and the SSD w/ OS and start from scratch. But I can't, for the life of me, find the way to delete partitions/drives! I thought I boot from the CD...but that just gives me swirly vista picture now.

you can format drives and delete partititions in vista setup, i do it all the time :cool:

ok, so try reinstalling vista on the SSD. this time do it with no other HDD installed. because then it will load stupid boot loaders and that sounds like what might have messed you up the 1st time.

I booted from the vista disc (took forever) and formatted my original OS partition and the ssd. I installed vista on the SSD and everything seems to be fine, but when I unplug my hard drive and try to boot only from the ssd it says "bootmgr error. press crtl+alt+dlt"

....not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom