new rig specs good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
hey ive been deciding wat parts to get for my new computer that im building for a while. after reading a lot about each single component i have brought it down to these.

evga 680i M/B
corsair dominator pc8500c5d 1066mhz sli ready
seagate sata2 320gb 16mb cache
palit 8800gtx
silverstone 750w psu sli ready
x-fi xtreme gamer fatal1ty pro
thermaltake bigwater 735

note that i will be overclocking cpu definatley ram and gpu maybe
is this all good please if u think u can improve tell me wats wron with my config i value ur opinion.

evga 680i M/B - lots of problems with 680i boards get a asus p5b deluxe if not going sli
corsair dominator - pc8500c5d 1066mhz sli ready - Very good ram but over priced - You can over clock some $200 g.skill ram too 1066mhz, so you take what you get.
seagate sata2 320gb 16mb cache - Good
palit 8800gtx - Great
silverstone 750w psu sli ready - You really don't need that much power , get one that has 600w thermaltake
x-fi xtreme gamer fatal1ty pro - You must like clear sound
thermaltake bigwater 735 - Great

Also what is your budget, what cpu are you getting, are you planing on going sli, what are you going to use this for (Note probally gaming right)

These are a lot of suggestions that people will give you. I take after them becasue they helped me out a lot.

ya thats fine, i would prefer gigabyte ds3's over that 680i, bt u can download the bug fix on nvidia.com

Well, if your computer can't do anything how is he going to get the bug fix to work. That is the problem. I wouldn't even try those things. They are worry some and will turn your HIGH performnce ram to scraps. Yes high voltage ram dies off slowly on this board.

Dr DMoney said:
Well, if your computer can't do anything how is he going to get the bug fix to work. That is the problem. I wouldn't even try those things. They are worry some and will turn your HIGH performnce ram to scraps. Yes high voltage ram dies off slowly on this board.

My 680i is fine, and am still using original bios and drivers. I dont have a raid config hdd setup, just one sata hdd. I havent overclocked though.

yeah sorry bout that i forgot im gettin core 2 duo e6600(overclocking) and all i have heard on net is that evga 680i best core2 duo mb yet. and yes the 750w because i plan on sli eventuly and for overcloking. the only reason i got the corsair is because its recommened for that board on evga site and the only g skill that is supposed to work is only 800mhyz and i wasnt sure if i will be able to overclock to 1066 to match the fsb. yes this computer will be for gaming aswell.

The 680i isnt the best, but it is still a nice oc'ing board for c2d.

Dr dmoney, why do you hate it so bad?

What case are you planning on using?

im using a coolermaster elite 330 case just a standard case. i was thinking bout a thermaltake toughpower 750w its only $10 more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom