New Rig PURCHASED! - SLI'd GTX 560 Ti SC's / 2500K / 4GB / 850W... AWWW YEAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
... and I think I just pwned Newegg via combos, discounts and MIRBs. I'll list the original non-sale prices first, and then I'll explain the saving at the end... :wtf:

GFX = (2) x eVGA GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked = $540
CPU = Intel i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core = $225
PSU = Thermaltake Black Widow 850W Mod. = $145
MB = MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 = $135
RAM = (2) x 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 = $50
HSF = Scythe Mugen 2 (SCMG-2100) = $40
MOS = Logitech G500 Wired, Laser Gaming Mouse = $70

That's a total of $1205 (...plus $2 shipping :lol:) without any discounts, combos or MIRBs. But The cards were $10 off each, w/ $25 MIRBs each, and a combined $45 off in combos thanks to the PSU and the CPU. The MOBO was $15 off, the PSU was also $15 off and has a $25 MIRB, the mouse was also $15 off w/ a $20 MIRB.

After all of that, it's $1000 on the nose, over $200 off. Removing the full-priced RAM and HSF from the picture, that's over 18% off of Newegg's default prices. We'll see if I ever GET those MIRBs, but they're from reputable sources, I'd say...

I'll be re-using my case, HDDs, Optical, Audigy4, etc, so I was just going for shear gaming power here. I couldn't see how it was going to get any better so I went for it.

Ironically, I had been planning to go with a single GTX 570 this whole time, but then it dawned on me that SLI might actually work if you do it right off the bat, as opposed to the "well, someday..." tactic. I would have ended up spending a bit less, but SLI'd 560 Ti SCs should give me about 1.5x the frame-rates. Also, when you're dumping a grand into a gaming build, you really have to take the whole price into account, and not just GPU vs GPU value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom