New rig doesn't even start? No response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ****, just reapplied thermal plaste... booted it up and it had normal temps. I set the proper voltages for the RAM, believe it or not the MOBO doesn't pick up the proper voltages for the ram etc so you need to set the defaults yourself . I kept checking the CPU temps thinking I only had a certain amount of time before another hiccup but temps stayed stable. It seems the direction in which you apply the heatsink really matters. Although it's square and is seemingly symmetrical it may matter the direction you place it. The instructions show a diagram but they don't mention whether placement really matters or whether there's a correct way. I just checked the diagram and the way the wiring was associated with the CPU FAN power on the heatsink and I suppose it worked? Secured the heatsink properly like before and it's fine now. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself. Thanks for all your help guys, I know I posted a **** of a lot. But the power supply test was extremely neat and it'll stay with me, and this was a learning experience. Ya'll are a treat to be around.

To answer your previous question, if you damaged your CPU, you would definitely know because of the burning smell and/or smoke. Glad everything is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom