New rig doesn't even start? No response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
Yeah, I just built up my new PC. All the parts got in today, so I connect it all up and go to simply start it and NOTHING happens. Not a single noise, no fans, no lights, NOTHING. I tried two different outlets and absolutely no response what so ever from each of them? Could I forgot something really simple? I rechecked everything alnd it all seemed to be fine yet not a single response..

Maybe DOA power supply, check all the parts with other ones if available and narrow it down to the culprit, Also sorry to hear about the bad luck man, that stinks.

Well going to check if there's certain mobo jumper positions for this evga 680i

PC power and Cooling 1kw-SR
CPU:e6700 conroe
1x evga 8800 GTX
2x CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

1x WD 150g 10krpm raptor
evga Nvidia nForce 680i sli atx

I also just checked the motherboard support studs to see if I put an extra or anything and I see nothing there.. no idea.. I hit the power button and nothing happens.

Future I suppose, and for when I get my second 8800 GTX in the future and more hd's :p

Either way I could really use some help figuring this out, isn't making much sense.. my power SW connector seems to be in the right spot also.. the ****.

Dissconnect the Power supply from everything but a few Fans, Then Take the 24 Pin Connector and take a paper clip (Youll want Some Kind of gloves for this) and connect the Green and Black wire on the PSU.

If it does not turn on then that means its a dead on arrival, and should be RMAed. If it turns on this means the problem is not the Power supply.
post-3835-1160109376.jpg

The most possible cause is grounding out. Therefore remove the mobo from the case and try POSTing that way. (Place Mobo on hard non-conductive surface, and only have CPU, RAM and Video card in )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom