New Rig Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
Posting this on my new rig (In sig). Thanks to you all for answering my questions before I Baught all the parts.

Would like to mention... Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R was somewhat disappointing. First, the board is extremly tough, I needed to punch the RAM into the socks to get it to lock, jump on the HeatSink to get that to lock, and from all the wires I needed to shove in, my thumbs were in pain for the rest of the day. The DVD with drivers from the MOBO box did not work. BSOD happened because I installed my GPU drivers before MOBO drivers. Fixed it after installing MOBO drivers from another computer. I was unable to use internet until the drivers were installed. (I do give props to the board not snapping or cracking after the beating I gave it)

Also, eVGA 8800GTS came in a very CHEAP plastic box. But at least the driver disk worked.

Intel's HeatSink is very cheaply made.

I am very pleased with the OCZ RAM, Seagate 320GB, LG DVD-Drive.

High mention to Corsair HX 620W, very sturdy, tons of wires, well protected box for shipping.

CoolerMaster Centurion 5 seems to be very good except for the lack of instructions.

Overall: 7/10 Experience for my first build with an experienced friend.

**Will post 3DMARK scores once I finish installing all my programs.**

heh...Well I'm glad it posted. Congrats on your new system. At first it seems hard putting things in, like the RAM or the HSF. But after a few more experiences, it's a piece of cake.

Everything mounted up to my p35-ds3r with no problems. I dont know much about the C though, thats the one that allows you ddr2 and ddr3 right? I know on my first intel heatsink i actually had to bend the tabs a bit because they were SO tight i couldnt get them to seat on the board.

Grats on your first build. Great critiques on the parts. As for the heatsink, I think the stock one is really good since there are four tabs that hold the heatsink really tight, compared to aftermarket ones where there is a horizontal metal plate holding it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom