New Rig, Big Probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dice... now it does not seem to want to recognize my disc drive either (a new development)... *sigh* I gotta get some sleep now... or at least try too. Hard for me to sleep when I am so ticked off.

Yes, resetting it is a good idea. A BIOS flash will very hardly fix the type of problems you're experiencing.

CMOS has already been reset a few times, **** I even pulled the battery for half an hour to reset teh entire mobo to no avail.

hi mate, mines done something similar a couple of times actually. On both of my builds. Its always been a heat issue in the past, heres what i did to resolve. In bios, change the heat detection sensors either to off, or a super high threshhold so the pc will not turn itself off. Also i find that the CPU fan socket is iffy on first boot sometimes, so plug a chassis fan into the cpu slot, and the cpu fan into a chassis slot. This should sort out the heat problems. Then just boot from cd as usual and install away. Let me know if this helps ya bud, Plant

Well I am pretty sure my heat detection is already off (cant double check till I am back home again, at work right now). I can try the fan plug swap later though. I don't see why that would be an issue causing a error in loading the OS and not letting me even attempt to reformat. Oh, and my case idle temps (as I remember reading em while scourging teh BIOS trying to fix this problem) is only about 36-39 degrees while I am trying to boot up.

Aight, I brought my rig into work and we looked at it and figured out BIOS settings that FINALLY fixed teh boot problme, however, now a second problem has come to light (and likely what happened the first teim around to start this whole fiasco). We can get WIndows to start installing, but then suddenly the system just stops transmitting to the monitor. We THINK it is the RAM, either bad all around, not compatible, or tunning at bad voltages/timings (going to try that out in a bit). Any other opinions on what may be causing the issue? I thought it may be teh video card, but my co-workers disaggree (we all are tech support on some level, I personally work with laptops all day and am kinda lost on towers).

Well, one my old pc It did th same thing. Never found out what it was but I know It wan't my Ram and Psu adn harddrive. That leaves you cpu or mobo or my gpu. I dought it is your gpu though. I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom