New purchase dilemma

slacky1230

Solid State Member
Hey guys

Not sure if any one seen my other thread about a new computer. I've built a couple of computers in the past so guess not much has changed.

Now I've got in my head about building my own rather than buy one then atleast I know the parts are decent and it'll last. At first is was going to be for the little one for Christmas but now I'm thinking going Abit more and letting the whole family use it. It'll only be used for browsing Internet, playing music, Internet based kids games etc.

Can any one recommend a decent build? I'm not sure on price at minute but im sure a few things can be swapped and changed

Thanks

Around the £300 mark would be good if possible but don't mind spending some more if it's worth it. Don't need any fancy graphics card etc just a decent pc which will last a few years

Hmm, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but your best option would probably be the pre-built you wanted. A copy of Windows will attest to about £72 or so of your budget making it pretty hard to make a decent rig with the remaining money.

Thanks mate. What are the advantages for the ssd over a normal hard drive? And would the upgrade from the Intel pentium to say an i5 be worth it?

Back
Top Bottom