New PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Ok, this is my first build, and the tech forums have been a great help to me, but here is another issue, or really, two that i've had with my current powersupply.

1. It came with the case i purchased, i went this route because i was fairly un-aware of how power supplies work and the layouts so i figured something that did it for me would be the best way.
the problem: if i so wanted to put 4 small hard drives into the case for money issues, it seems there are only 2 SATA plugs from my power supply. On the hard drives that i have seen, there is a four pin recieving end for a female peripheral plug from the powersupply. Can i use peripheral plugs to my SATA hard drives?
2. Regarding a ton of wires in my case, i've found a few of them not to go anywhere. such as a green/white wire that reads 12v and another few that have plugs, but, i'am not sure if i plug them directly into my power supply cause of the pins they have( some are 2 male) or just by the instructions on the box.
Problem: as obvious as it is, i'am hoping that my case will turn on when i hit the power switch. do i need to plug these additional wires into anything? unfortunately, the website wasn't much help with the instructions.

Any additional help or points to a website or exstensive walkthrough would be great. or perhaps some advice for some of the people who may have my case as well. Thank you so much!

not possitive but i believe that you dont need to plug them... just tuck them away...... and i believe that they make a y cable that would help you if not that means a new psu is in order .....

well how mcuh did you pay ofr the case with the PSU, and if possible could you provide us a link to it? also if you have power and data cables to all hd's and cdrom drives. along with power to the mobo and all memroy gfx card and pci adapters seated properly. Just check all the wires from you r case are in the right spots on the mobo.

lancec2c30 said:
well how mcuh did you pay ofr the case with the PSU, and if possible could you provide us a link to it? also if you have power and data cables to all hd's and cdrom drives. along with power to the mobo and all memroy gfx card and pci adapters seated properly. Just check all the wires from you r case are in the right spots on the mobo.

I spent around 172 for the case with the PSU.
here's the link to my unit:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144093

I have yet to recieve my graphics card, that and the ram will be the last things i actually plug into the mobo. i did a double check on the psu and i have a ton of 4 female style peripherals left. There are some cables on the fans that are male female to each other, so far i have plugged all the peripheral plugs into the fans.

as far as a new PSU Aspire has them especially for the cases, i wouldn't mind another one to increase the amount of hard drives i can support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom