New PS, advices please

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmarcil

Beta member
Hi,

I'm buying a new PC.

On top of all the usual daily uses, I do photo and video editing, seriously but not professionally. Now, I intend to go full HD video. I still have to buy a HD camcorder or photo camera, and it will be either Hard drive or Flash card based.

Here are the components I'm thinking for the new machine. I would like opinions and advices.

Case: ANTEC TWO HUNDRED GAMING ATX
( because of its price, its cooling and the front swap HD caddy )

Power Supply: Either
THERMALTAKE 775W MODULAR 14CM FAN
Or 750w Antec

MB: ASUS P6T, 1333
( providing it permits SATA Hot swap ( AHCI ))

CPU : INTEL CORE I7 930

Video card: ASUS EAH5770

ROM: KINGSTON DDR3 3X2GB 1866M SuperX
( I'm not sure if I'll go overclock. I've never done it. But if I decide to go OC, the 1866 ROM would be an advantage )
( some people say I'm better with Corsair )

HD: WD 500GB CAVIAR GREEN 3.5 SATA 32MB
( This is the system drive, I already have a bunch of big HD's )

Optical drive: LG BH10LS30 BLACK 10X BLU-RA*, 16X DVD-RW BURNER
( Although some people tell me that BlueRay burners are still very touchy )

Any advice anyone ?

Thanks,

Claude

welcome to the forums! where do you live? whats your budget?

and an Antec 200 case? i didnt find anything on that.? did u mean antec 300? graphics card is good, a 5850 is better for not much more money.

welcome to the forums! where do you live? whats your budget?

and an Antec 200 case? i didnt find anything on that.? did u mean antec 300? graphics card is good, a 5850 is better for not much more money.

The 5850 is significantly more than the 5770.

^^ Yup they sell that here in Panama too. Just go for the 300 though if choosing between the two. I think the 5770 would be fine for what you are using the build for. If you were gaming on top of it a 5850 would be much much better, if you were willing to spend the money on it.

The system drive is a no-go. Do not get a "Green" drive for your OS drive. You'll see a performance loss, when loading any programs, and booting. You're looking to spend a good amount on great components, why skimp out on a cheap drive? Look into the Caviar Black drives. Get AT LEAST A BLUE DRIVE. Green drives are meant for storage, and non-high performance systems, which is exactly what yours is not. You can also look into Samsung F3 drives, which are the same price as WD Green drives, but perform a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom