New Processors.... CPU's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I haven't been keeping up with the new CPU's that are coming out. I know there is the Penryn for desktops.... but is there anything new that is supposed to come out for laptops? Mobile cpu's??

Penryn technically is going to be the laptop cpu, but the affordable ones wont be out until january or february. Yorkfield is the desktop 45nm cpu.

Penryn technically is going to be the laptop cpu, but the affordable ones wont be out until january or february. Yorkfield is the desktop 45nm cpu.

I doubt they'll start putting in Penryns in laptops.... Penryns eat about 2x more watts than the current mobile cpu's. And I'm talking about the Penryn dual cores.

edit: unless they make one with less power consumption....

I doubt they'll start putting in Penryns in laptops.... Penryns eat about 2x more watts than the current mobile cpu's. And I'm talking about the Penryn dual cores.

What ?!

Both the current C2D and the first Penryn's have 35W TDP

And penryn is supposed to consume less power than C2D, just like the the 45nm used in desktops consume less power than 65nm

I haven't been keeping up with the new CPU's that are coming out. I know there is the Penryn for desktops.... but is there anything new that is supposed to come out for laptops? Mobile cpu's??

Penryn for laptop will be out on January 2008

Penryn is rated at 35w tdp, just like the current core 2 duo mobiles

they do...

Hm... I saw a chart yesterday saying a dual core penryn will use 65w. BUT I just read a couple articles about them being 28w-35w.

They say 5 penryns will be released in the first quarter... it better be January or I'll be pi$$ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom