New processor for my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, first of all we have NO IDEA if your lag is from CPU, lack of RAM, or is just your connection. im betting its mainly the CPU, but just looking at your total ram, its a waste to be using a lil more than half of it... like, 3-4 gigs is enough for games on low-med graphics with good performance....

RAM is random access memory and it should help, but i think a new processor is a better option right now, get the 64-bit OS later. almost double the speed making everything overall better.

Thanks for replying Flip. Do you think that Wolfdale chip will work with my mobo, or am I stuck going with the conroe?

1) i found you on eggxpert while searching for a solution and i lolled.
2) it would have been nice to see a link for your motherboard... but whatever, since i found you on eggxpert, i got it
3) you are NOT limited to conroe, that is one of the slowest/cheapest processors you can get. based on the link of your motherboard, there are other CPU compatabilites. such as Intel Pentium D 8xx series, i found a bunch of good ones on newegg but i'm not sure on the prices since they are ALL DISCONTINUED... so you might have to find a used one or mint one on ebay or something...

Intel Pentium D 945 3.4 GHz BX80553945 Processor - Get great deals on items on eBay.com!

thats the link for the whole search i did for the best compatability (pentium 9xx series) most of them are under 100$ except the actual new sealed box one. haha

intel core 2 duo e6700 items - Get great deals on Computers Networking, LGA775 Socket items on eBay.com!

ebay link for Core 2 duo e6x00 series. the processing speed is about .7Ghz slower than pentium, but i personally do not know the quality and difference between them. it is a personal decision whether to get one or the other. i don't use intel so i have no idea in the quality difference of pentium or core 2 duo, but i would probably suggest core 2 duo since its the next generation core compared to the Pentium... probably contains better technology than the pentium even though its slower.

Thanks for the info again, I did put the link for my mobo. It was on the first page :). Post 10. I'll look at those and see what I can come up with .. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom