New problem: no output because of monitor not vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulcajun

Baseband Member
So i plugged up my old 17 inch crt monitor and it works...which baffles me. Im not sure why my New 22 inch Chimei monitor is not working...i tried changing resolutions and everything, but no source it says. As soon as i installed drivers it stopped working. I also tried getting the new drivers off the Nvidia website with no luck. Odd that this was working fine for a couple weeks, until i got that BSoD and after it wouldnt work. Input is really appreciated.'
Edit: just found this on newegg..possibly the problem...only im not turning it off, but windows startup may be tripping it.

Pros: The picture is crisp, the refresh rate is great, I don't have a single dead pixel.
Cons: If you are using the DVI input for this monitor you will not be able to turn the monitor on or off while Windows is running. If you do, when you turn the monitor back on it will fail to get a signal. This is a known issue at Chimei tech support, their response is that "this is a feature"
Other Thoughts: It seems that in the U.S. Chimei has a single tech support guy, who was not helpful and claimed that the inability was actually a feature to prevent "frying the monitor". When I asked why this monitor couldn't handle it with DVI only and how my other 19" monitor is quite capable, he only reiterated that it was a feature to prevent "frying"

Not to be an *** or anything, but this is definetly the wrong forum :p. Pains me to see such an active forum and no mods to regulate the content. Sure they cut out a few bad words, but do webmasters really not get the importance of sticking to topic in a forums, especially a technology forum?

People search for content on google, get directed here, and go to the High performance PC forum to find some info on a new rig, when he has to sift through 10 or so threads on the front page which have NOTHING to do with BUILDING the things or planning the builds ><

Page Rank and overall activity would shoot up with some propper moddage :p

Come on guys ^^

</rant>
<post>
Concerning your problem, it baffles me. Either becuase I'm too tired to understand what's going on or.. idk.. what's going on??

</post>
</consciousness>

sorry its in the wrong forum, nobody said anything earlier or i would have made this one there. I got it running on my new monitor. After i reformatted i just restarted and it came on. Whenever i installed the drivers, im guessing it has to turn off the output and back on to take effect, and that tripped the "function". But still dont understand why after the blue screens that it will not get a signal at all whenever stating. It gets a signal all the way up to the boot screen and the scrolling windows logo, but after that when it goes black to boot up to desktop, it will lose signal. Also they say whenever you turn off the monitor and back on, it shouldnt get a signal at all, but mine does. It always has. according to them its not supposed to be able to turn back on without a windows restart. Maybe i have a monitor where the feature is bugged? should i contact chimei?

OBVIOUSLY the problem is you bought a sh*t monitor from a sh*t generic brand company lol. Who could possibly pass that off as a "feature"? Stupid people. They expect us consumers to believe that!? lol. I'd do a cash back return and buy an Acer. They're a much better company and a much better quality output overall.

I know, but the reviews for this monitor was outstanding, even got thumbs up from people on this board. I might just have to order another monitor...Can i buy another monitor, get it shipped to me, THEN when it comes in ship this one back and get cash back?
EDIT: nevermind...non refundable from newegg

It all depends on the the people you bought it from, the date of purchase invoice ect ect. Too many factors involved for me to know. one thing I know is it's cheap. I bet you could hock it off on eBay and buy a good cheap Acer. I bought a $300 22" Wide Screen Acer, one dead pixel, 60Hz refresh, 5ms, ultra bright, cheaper then ****.

I would try getting rid of that thing asap. Do what you have to do, unless you can live with the problem ^^

wtf alexinator, how is that not a legit question? he wants to know why his monitor doesent work. simply put. why cant you just help him?
if you dont like the forum, leave.

sorry ul im not sure what your problem is, but does it come on at all now? if not, i guess you could have messed up you gfx card but i sure dont know

EDIT: i posted after the original post and single reply, but i was too late

samsung or acer.

i'll never buy another monitor.

Agreed. Sony has some good reputation on their shoulders as well though.. But I'm an Acer fanboy.

And it's not a question of legitimacy, but rather the fact that this is not a hardware trouble shooting forum. And not only that, but I did attempt to answer his question. And who said I didn;t like the forum? The point is, I DO like it, and am sad to see some of it's potential packed away and not used..

To clear things up: yeah the monitor is working now. It NEVER was my computer, it was just that the monitor was not getting a signal because of this "feature" that they have where if you turn off the monitor you cannot get a signal back from the computer till its restarted. Im guessing theres a bug with the "feature" as i would not turn off the monitor, it would just lose signal as windows is booting, im guessing during the transition it loses the signal and will not attempt to regain it. I just reformatted and it seems to work, but who knows how long it will work. Im scared to use my botting program now as its almost guaranteed im going to get a BSoD and thats when the problem always occurs, the restart after the BSoD...or maybe its just because the only time i restart is after a BSoD...sigh im starting to think its just a regular restart that might screw it up. Nobody else seems to have a problem with it tho...like i said it must be a bug of some sorts...i sent an email to their CS...hopefully get a useful answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom