New Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
I Recently started building a new Gaming computer for myself and I decided to not spend alot on the case. I ordered an Aspire Dreamer-x II from Newegg.com for 75$ or so, and a 420W PSU was included. Now in my Motherboard Manual, it says that I need a minimum 400W PSU to function, and a minimum 550W for SLI mode. I plan on running SLI, but can I get away with my stock PSU? I also have 4 80mm Fans and 2 UV lights installed.

depends on what kind of cardas you will have, but most people suggest some kind of ANTEC 550W. but coolermaster makes some decent ones as well... Thermaltake, but they are usualy noisy. So I guess yea, I would go with ANTEC... be around 80-90 USD

No.

Even without SLI that PSU is bound to crap out on you.

Look to spend 120+ for a a excellent power supply, you will need one for SLI.

Got a budget we can work with?

I need a minimum 550Watts.
Anyway....
I have another question about PSUs; If i have an ATX Case, Should i buy an ATX PSU? And what does ATX12v ... blah blah mean, and if i get the wrong type but it still fits would it still work in my computer?

Re: ..

krazy_taco said:
Anyway....
I have another question about PSUs; If i have an ATX Case, Should i buy an ATX PSU? And what does ATX12v ... blah blah mean, and if i get the wrong type but it still fits would it still work in my computer?

No. If you have an ATX case, you should not get an ATX PSU under any circumstances.......

Most of them are ATX. Just make sure it ain't too large, like some OCZ GameXtream's. They don't fit in some cases. I don't know if your Aspire will be problematic or not. However, TP-II's fit in most anything. ;)

Re: ..

krazy_taco said:
Anyway....

So long as it has ATX to start then its fine, Anything after the ATX is just additional information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom