New Performance PC using the 2500k and ATI 6950 or better

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Hi. I'm trying to build a new PC and I need some suggestions. I'm set on the following parts:

Intel Core i5 2500k
ATI 6950 ~$230(unless there is a better GPU for similar price, anyone??)
8GB G Skill DDR3 RAM

All I care about is playing Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 (when it comes out).

I need suggestions for a MOTHERBOARD and PSU... any quality parts for decent prices?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I tend to suggest Corsair for PSU's as I have built 4 computers using them and have had no issues at all with them and they are very well known for their quality and performance. single 12v rail so you dont have to worry about amps. A HX or TX620 would be more then enough to power your rig, they go for around 100-120$ depending on the store and whether or not you want modular or not. For motherboards you should look at the Z68 chipset motherboards. The top sellers are the gigabyte z68x ud3/ud4 Asus P8Z68 v/pro/deluxe and the asrock extreme4. MSI has a decent board out as well. Higher end you could look at the ud7 or maximus extreme. There are tons of side by side reviews on all these boards so you will have no problem getting the info you need. If your unsure about the 6950 check out the video card performance thread. Hope I helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom