New PC suggestions

person123

Beta member
Hello! I am not the most computer savvy person, but i do know a little about computers. I want to buy, or build in this case, a new computer. ( I wouldn't be putting it together) My current PC is a HP and its specs are...

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor - AMD E2-3200 with Radeon HD Graphics 2.40 ghz
Graphics Card - Geforce Gt-240
RAM - 4GB

I can provide more info if needed. I don't want a monster rig that costs a lot of money, i want something that's fast and smooth with most games and doesn't give me any issues. These are parts I have picked out...everything else will be salvaged from my current computer and put in to my new one.

(Picked from Newegg)

AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard
Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card
Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Total $441.17

The case and OS will be bought separately from Newegg.

Will this work okay? Is it too much for what I need? Basically I would want to run most games (if not all) on high res.

If you're going with a dedicated card like the 7950, then there isn't a reason to stick with an APU. Since this is for gaming, you would be better off going with a Haswell i3 for similar money. For instance:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i3-4130 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 54W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4400 BX80646I34130
Newegg.com - ASRock B85M-HDS LGA 1150 Intel B85 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

For 20 bucks or so more, you have a much better platform to build on and a much better CPU for gaming.

Also, for 5 bucks more, you can get this PSU which is better quality and also modular.
SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

I would also advise on getting either 4GB more RAM, or a 2x4GB RAM kit.

The i3 and 7950 combo will actually be able to max most games out at 1080p fairly easily while other games like Crysis 3 you may need to turn down a few settings. Still though, a really capable rig for a small amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom