New PC seeing as AGP is now obsolete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the omega drivers, no 3dmark05 difference but didnt really expect any. They are a lot nicer set up then the ATI drivers however, and are a lot more flexible. If you have the choice between 2 6800gts and a 7800gt or gtx id say go with a 7800. a 7800 performs as fast if not better then 2 6800gts in sli, also some games actually perform worse with cards in sli. Ones that do perform better usually only perform 20% better, I'm sure that will change in the future though if SLI takes off well (personaly I think its a huge cash scam).

Well I hope the performance gets better seeing as they almost completly took AGP cards off the market

well, keep in mind, SLI does not mean the same thing as PCIe x16. The SLI setups just use PCIe as thier ports. AGP was beginning to reach the end of it's days with bandwidth anyway. They were doing you a favor by killing the port instead of waiting until the last second.

Ryan

I say as one of the members above said, go for one 7800GTX instead of 2 6800GTs. You will be happier in the long run, especially when you are ready to add a second 7800GTX :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom