This is my current build I am purchasing. I finally got enough money saved up to have a few grand to spare so I'm not broke after purchasing it.
The issues I want to hit are this:
1. This mobo, along with most I've looked at for AM2 socket CPUs, is very picky with memory. Should I go with this or can you suggest me something else for a relative price?
2. The PSU has been recommended to me by a lot of people I know. Should I go with it or something else? It is very cheap and seems to get the job done but I'm not sure if anyone else has had poor experiences with it.
3. Is the memory alright? All the DDR2 memory I have looked at all carry high latencies.
4. What kind of cooling will I need? This is my first "performance" system and never worried about cooling.
5. The case... well, it seemed pretty popular and seems reliable. I don't care AT ALL about looks; I am just interested in viability and performance. The main thing is that is seems like a good bang for my buck type of purchase.
6. The hard drive and CD/DVD drives were pretty much chosen at random. These things aren't really that important to me but if there are other cheap options that are very effective, let me know. I'm on a 40GB HD right now and have plenty of room, but I assume with a new PC will come new, massive games, so I went up a bit.
7. Any other general recommendations?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor - Retail
ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
eVGA 256-P2-N564-AX Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
POWMAX CP0327PL-4 Window Black/Silver SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Retail
Sunbeam / CaseGears Black Steel 480W Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
SAMSUNG Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache ATA/ATAPI DVD Burner With LightScribe - OEM
$837 before shipping