New PC parts list

Status
Not open for further replies.
bump, id really like to know your opinions on the freezer 64 pro and the g-power pro. Especially their performance and noise.

The motherboard sucks and if you can afford a 7800gtx then I would get an X1900XT.

cant really afford the 7800gtx, probarbly getting the 7800gt instead. What motherboard would you recommend?

Chris PC - All this "advise" form the forum is well and good. I'm sure that everyone posting hopes you succeed in your plans. But the one thing you should do before committing yourself, is check out a website that is awesome! tomshardeware.com
He benchmarks everything, and has no subjective opinions.

tomshardeware.com
e benchmarks everything, and has no subjective opinions.

LOL I was once young too and thought tomshardeware was always trustworthy. I grown up since then.

Compare the results you find at tomshardware with
ANANDTECH
http://www.anandtech.com/
and
Xbitlabs
http://www.xbitlabs.com/

you get a much more balanced piciture if you look at the other sites also. If all 3 says the exact same thing then it a good chance it true. other wise do some research on your own.

Personally I think Anandtech and xbitlabs are far surprior to tomshardware

003 said:
The motherboard sucks and if you can afford a 7800gtx then I would get an X1900XT.

What makes this MB bad? I really like the idea of having the guru panel to monitor everything. What motherboards does everyone recommend?

Almsot every review ive read of the fatal1ty AN8 SLi ive read seem to have been very good

I would recommmend a DFI NF4 Ultra-D motherboard

and for RAM, OCZ and G.Skill are my favourites. Corsair tend to try and hype their RAM up, so they can sell it for more.

and about Tom's hardware, they really seem kinda Intel and ATI biased to me.

The:
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR CAS2

Is £5 more expensive than the:

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2

Is there any perormance increase?

Also, i will change my motherboard IF anyone can give me any good reasons why the Fatal1ty is rubbish:D .
My friend has been using abits for a while and has had no problems and excellent customer service.
I dont mind paying a little extra for a really good mobo.

Thanks for your opinions people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom