New PC parts list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_PC

In Runtime
Quite a lot has changed since the thread that was abandoned so i thought id better start a new one.
Basically, the more expensive my PC is the longer it will be until i get it, and id like to get it all done before my GCSEs(4/5 months). I may have to change a few bits and want your opinions.

Heres a more recent list of this im planning on getting:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core 4400+(socket 939)

Motherboard: Abit AN8 SLi fatal1ty nforce4 SLI(socket 939)

Graphics card: BFG Geforce 7800 GTX OC 256mb GDDR3 Vivo TV-out/Dual DVI (PCI-express)

RAM: Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro twin X(2x 1GB) CAS2
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition

Hard Drive: WD 10,000RPM Raptor 150GB

CPU Fan: Zalman CNPS9500-LED

Other Cooling: Vantec 3.5" Hard Drive cooler PURCHASED

DVD drive: Not sure yet

DVD/CD writer: Not sure yet

Floppy Drive: Sony Internal 3.5" Black PURCHASED

PSU: Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 modular sli compliant

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 4ms DVI !!! 930BF 19" 700:1 4ms DVI "MagicBright, MagicTune, MagicColor" (1280x1024) TFT Monitor in Black 3 Years Warranty

Case:Thermaltake Shark(Black) PURCHASED

Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T5900 5.1 Speaker System/
Creative Labs Inspire T7900 7.1 Speaker System
(Not 100% on this)

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming PURCHASED

Mouse: Logitech G7 Gaming

Arctic Silver 5

There is only a small possibility that ill overclock anything(Will prob be the CPU if i do)

Will i see much difference if i change the RAM for Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 (MY-079-CS) (that will save me £100)

Also, Is it easy enough to add a sound card later on?(save me
money initially)

Would it be better to just get a 7800gt instead of the GTX and buy another gt and run them in SLI if i really need to(ATM I believe the gt will run all games i really need it to on full(everything exept F.E.A.R lol))

Any other comments are welcome(Try not to be too harsh on my choices :D )
As for the budget, im paying for all of this myself and i obviously can only work when i dont have school so it takes a long time to get money, so id like to keep it around £1500(lower is always good)

Thanks!

to lower costs, you could get a couple of $50 80gb hard drives and put them in RAID 0. That way it'll run faster, and still maintain the space you have. That should save you a good $200. You can put that towards a better video card. Maybe since you have more budget to play with there, you can wait a little bit for the 7900 video card and the 1900 video card and see if they're in your price range.

You can get a sound card later, no problem. Most people are satisfied with the onboard sound cards, as I am, but then others swear by the other cards. Apparently they make the experience a bunch better...

Ryan

Ive looked into the HD quite a lot and have decided about getting that recently, Its meant to help a lot with the things that i use the computer for and id eventually like to add another and set them up in RAID0

any other opinions about the RAM(if getting the other one will affect performance) and anything else?

what i meant is will it make much difference if i change the RAM for the Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 b ecause its almost £100 cheaper.

Hey there, in my opinion sli is not a worthy upgrade unless you need the highest performance possible on a high resolution monitor because your sli rig will only last 6 months until the next gpu core comes out so stick with a single pci-e motherboard and 2 gb of ram should be the standard now if your are building, with 1500 pounds thats about 1700 - 1800 dollars us? you can build a great computer with that amount i recommend 2 gb, the cheapest amd dual core cpu, 7800 gt, 150 raptors are sweet, and anything else that floats yoru boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom