New PC for my friend. Need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I'm getting ready to build a computer for a friend and here's what's gonna look like:

Pentium 4 630
Intel Motherboard
1 GB DDR2 (512x2)
320 GB WD SATA hard drive
2 DVD Dual Layer Burners
450 OCZ Modstream PSU
No video card (onboard video)

This computer will be used for everything except gaming so I thought it was logical to go with an Intel. Now my questions:

1. Should I buy a separate CPU cooler or is the standard one enough?
2. Can I buy the upgrade version of Windows XP Pro (I have the Windows XP Home cd)?
3. He wants to convert his VHS tapes to digital format for DVDs or whatever he chooses. What do I need for something like that?
4. He wants to convert his old music into mp3 format. I'm not sure what type of music it is but he said it has those cords (red, white, yellow). What do I need for that?

Thank you for your time.

1. Should I buy a separate CPU cooler or is the standard one enough?
2. Can I buy the upgrade version of Windows XP Pro (I have the Windows XP Home cd)?
3. He wants to convert his VHS tapes to digital format for DVDs or whatever he chooses. What do I need for something like that?
4. He wants to convert his old music into mp3 format. I'm not sure what type of music it is but he said it has those cords (red, white, yellow). What do I need for that?

Thank you for your time. [/B]

1) stock is ok, if your not OCing that much

2) you can if you want to, but home will be sufficient enough, depend son what your doing

3)i dunno? arent you supposed to do that on your TV with that DVD and VHS player all in one player, so while its play you can recorrd onto a DVD

4) yo no understand

Well I would:

1. Keep the stock cooler as you probably won't be overclocking as you're not gaming

2. Not quite sure what you are asking here... You can't upgrade the Home version to the Professional version, you have to buy it as a seperate operating system.

3 & 4. Not too sure on either of these, peripherals for somputers are not my strong point. Sorry!

the deceived said:
Well I would:

1. Keep the stock cooler as you probably won't be overclocking as you're not gaming

2. Not quite sure what you are asking here... You can't upgrade the Home version to the Professional version, you have to buy it as a seperate operating system.

3 & 4. Not too sure on either of these, peripherals for somputers are not my strong point. Sorry!

you can upgrade home to pro. thats why you buy the windows xp pro- upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom