New PC Help *warning* lots of data/text

And it was also known since last year this was the plan for Intel, and a high possibility for AMD. All 3 worked together on it. Dunno why people think this is new news lol.
Obviously your not comprehending something.

Of course they can and will work with Windows 7, that's not the issue, or should I say that is the issue. Microsoft will give you an error if you attempt to update Windows 7 or 8.1 with the new Intel 7th gen or Ryzen chips. Basically M$ is forcing Windows 10 onto new cpu's including Windows 8.1 even though Windows 8.1 should still be supported, it isn't going to get security updates
Did you even attempt to view that you tube vid I posted?

Of course they can and will work with Windows 7, that's not the issue, or should I say that is the issue. Microsoft will give you an error if you attempt to update Windows 7 or 8.1 with the new Intel 7th gen or Ryzen chips. Basically M$ is forcing Windows 10 onto new cpu's including Windows 8.1 even though Windows 8.1 should still be supported, it isn't going to get security updates

I'm aware of what is going on - and it was announced last year that MS/Intel/AMD were making the decision of forcing compatibility. I didn't have to watch the video as I've already read about it; last year and now. So again, not sure why people are just now shocked that it's happening.

Maybe you're not comprehending that we've known for a long time now about it and it's a moot point. Updates aren't necessary for the proper operation of the OS, and there are other ways to get updates if you absolutely need them.

O.K. So you think I posted this because you think I did it for your benefit?
There is a slight possibility that someone might be visiting this forum or even for those that are not as tech savvy as you yourselves are that might possibly benefit from reading this type of info, but seeing as ya'll already know everything then why bother posting any type of older or newer news at all?
I did make my first post about this by starting out with
On another note...FYI...
I do have more thought about this but I'll leave it as it is, so as not to offend

There is a slight possibility that someone might be visiting this forum or even for those that are not as tech savvy as you yourselves are that might possibly benefit from reading this type of info, but seeing as ya'll already know everything then why bother posting any type of older or newer news at all?

I do have more thought about this but I'll leave it as it is, so as not to offend
You originally quoted me and replied with the video making that a direct response to what I was saying about updates being pointless. All that with a video saying it will work from a guy that coded for Microsoft for a while. Now you want to try and take the high ground saying it was for other people? If you were doing that why quote me and make direct replies to my statements? I've been saying since the beginning they will still work and it's nothing to fret over.

The less tech-savvy people won't care. Non tech-savvy people won't be upgrading their motherboard/CPU/RAM without just buying a new PC - which will already have Windows 10 on it.

Lol not getting offended over here.

Soooo... Kaby Lake/Ryzen isn't supported on w7-8.1. (BTW just a side note, I heard on YouTube that a guy managed to get an updated version of 8.1 by updating the install using a different CPU and then running the updated version on a kaby lake, it works but gets quite a few bsods and program install hangs for some reason). Now onto my point, vista still does get updates ( I think it does lol) and windows posready 2009, so they can still support ryzen/kaby lake then?

Back
Top Bottom