New PC Built! (With Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im getting a modular psu, so i wont have to worry about hiding 100 cables, although its about 100w more then i need heh. oh well itll last a few builds.
looks awesome nathan, cant wait to get my lexa

p.s. i take it your a fan of in flames, im gonna go see them and trivium on thursday =-D

snick said:
looks great!
one question tho...is that dual channel ram? if so, shoudlnt it be in slots 1 and 3? it's just something i was told to do, so i always do it that way...never got around to asking why =)

That's not what my manual said.

yeah ... .beutiful build .......SNICK i think it matters what mobo you have for the slots ... dude chekc to make sure you getting both channels ... :D

What PSU are you going to get? There is only one decent modular PSU and that is the Hiper Type R 580w - which I own :D

As soon as you sort out those finger prints, it will be a great looking build. :p

What are the temps like.

Theyoyokid303 said:
yeah ... .beutiful build .......SNICK i think it matters what mobo you have for the slots ... dude chekc to make sure you getting both channels ... :D

As far as I know I'm not misunderstanding this, but if someone would like to confirm if it's in the right slots or not, here you go: http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo4-F&class=mb

Assuming I'm reading it correctly, it says slots Green DIMM1 (Ch A) Purple DIMM2 (Ch B) or Green DIMM3 (Ch A) Purple DIMM4 (Ch B).

from that webpage...i guess what i was thinking from this quote "Always insert the memory modules into the GREEN slots first, and it is strongly recommended not to insert the memory modules into the PURPLE slots while the GREEN slots are left empty." is that you must use the green slots first....meaning one stick in slot 1, and one in slot 3. i guess maybe it's talking about something else?

according to that diagram though....it looks like it's showing, use slot 1 & 2 or slots 3 & 4. to me, it's giving contradicting information.....

Yeah kinda confusing, is there any way to check through a software program if you're doing it right rather than trying to understand this jargon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom