New PC build, Need some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siobhan

Beta member
Hi,
I am building a new computer, I have picked out all the parts. Does anyone have any opinions or improvements on it, while keeping around the same over all price. Especially this
http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/21_CPU/02_AMDAM3/productdetails/20098085/AMD_Black_Edition_FX_4100_3_6GHz_4MB_AM3%2b/FD4100WMGUSBX/default.aspx
vs
AMD PHENOM II X4 965 3.4 GHZ BLACK EDITION 125W PROCESSOR (HDZ965FBGMBOX) buy at the cheapest price, best deals, online shop AMD PHENOM II X4 965 3.4 GHZ BLACK EDITION 125W CESSOR (HDZ965FBGMBOX) - Ireland

These are all the parts, it comes out to €544 excluding windows. I was also wondering if it is required to place 2 sticks of ram at minimum or can I use only 1 4gb stick?

PSU - Corsair buy at the cheapest price, best deals, online shop - Ireland
HDD - WESTERN DIGITAL buy at the cheapest price, best deals, online shop - Ireland
CPU - AMD PHENOM II X4 965 3.4 GHZ BLACK EDITION 125W PROCESSOR (HDZ965FBGMBOX) buy at the cheapest price, best deals, online shop AMD PHENOM II X4 965 3.4 GHZ BLACK EDITION 125W CESSOR (HDZ965FBGMBOX) - Ireland
MOBO - MSI 870A-G54 -Socket AM3 - ATX : 870A-G54 - Komplett
GPU - SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY buy at the cheapest price, best deals, online shop - Ireland
RAM - Corsair buy at the cheapest price, best deals, online shop - Ireland
CASE - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Mid tower - no PSU : RC-912P-KKN1 - Komplett

Thanks to anyone who replies

Clicked on the GPU link, Ram, and a few others and they lead to a website front page- not to specific parts. If you want advice I would link the page that is specific to the part your asking about. Based on the name brand you listed it sounds fine - but cannot be sure as the links do not show specific parts.

The case is a great case. The CPU is fine - the i5 or i7 is preferred by most on this site- but the Phenom is definitely cheaper and a proven good CPU.

I would build a LGA1155 system....I can get a good one for less than 450 USD. Which could probably play battlefield 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom