New PC build help. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default New PC build help.

Hi I am planning to build a gaming PC but have come across a problem. I want to get the best graphics card out and have heard that this is the 7800 GTX. However I have also heard that the R520 is coming out soon and this card will make the 7800 GTX almost obselete, is this the case? I am in dire need of a PC but am not sure if I should hold off buying for a little longer (the pc I currently have in a 6 year old DELL).

Also, is the AMD 64 3700 San Diego and good choice of CPU with the Abit An8 Fatal1ty Sli Motherboard?

Finally could anyone suggest a good place to buy custom PCs from in the UK? And before anyone suggests it, I can't build my own.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to truebe

Yes, The 7800GTX is the best card out right now. The R520 is coming out around october i think. The truth is no one knows which one is going to destroy the other, I think the R520 is only going to have 16 pipelines now too. Anyway, If you cant wait to see the results of the R520 its not a big deal because the 7800GTX is a beast and will handle anything right now anyway.

Yes, AMD 64 3700+ San Diego is a great processor.

I havent heard much about the ABIT Fatal1ty board, all i know is its expensive, a good board that i know is the DFI lanparty Ultra D, especially for overclocking.
Gigabyte EP-45 DS3R
e7200 @ 3.2
G.skill 4GB
Gigabyte 4850
Corsair VX 550
Closed Thread