New PC Build

Paddymofoz

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I have put together a list of parts that I will be looking to buy to build my new system and am just looking for peoples opinions on the overall build. If anyone in the know thinks of a better part in certain areas that would perform better for a similar price, let me know! As far as I am aware, all parts are compatible, Thanks!

I guess it may be worth noting that I'll be looking to stream in high quality and will be streaming games such as league of legends, possibly battlefield 3/4 and anything else coming out in the near future!

Case

Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case £77.00

CPU

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor £182.39

CPU Cooler

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £22.85

Thermal Compound

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste £8.99

Motherboard

ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard £74.36

Memory

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £104.98

Storage

Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk £73.19

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £65.00

Video Card

Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card £199.99

Power Supply

Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply £76.38

Optical Drive

Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer £46.46

Last edited:
So I've updated the parts that I've taken on board again, I probably won't be ordering this rig untill closer to christmas but am happy so far. Feel free to add!

Go with MX-2 or MX-4 instead of AS-5. The MX-2 is usually cheaper and both will give you temps a few degrees cooler.

Paddymofoz said:
I've currently taken onboard the i5 and the 760 but not sold on the RAM or motherboard. What made you sway with those parts? :)
The Asrock board that I picked out was a micro atx board, PPMguire also suggests the full-size version (was trying to keep as close to your original price as possible).

If you're just gaming, there's really no reason to get 16GB of RAM. 8 is cheaper and more than enough.

So I've updated the parts that I've taken on board again, I probably won't be ordering this rig untill closer to christmas but am happy so far. Feel free to add!

Come back when you're ready to build then. Always list your parts when you're ready to build because pricing and availability changes by the day. AMD will be releasing their new cards soon, Intel's new enthusiast chips will be coming out meaning their midrange chips could possibly get a bump down in price too, while AMD's competition will drive down Nvidia card prices.

Back
Top Bottom