New pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyMan

Baseband Member
ok i posted this in wrong spot i use my Pc for Gaming very graific games now my mothed board is a PK5 pro From ausu and my grafics card is a ETA 4850 from ausu i got 4bg of 800MHz silicon power ram my power supply is 460 watts i wish to upgrade the ram and grafics card if it suits my pc i got a q6600 and well thats all i remember

i don't care how much i just want to know if its worth upgrading or buying a new pc

No need to upgrade the RAM. 4GB is more than enough for gaming.

What is the resolution of your monitor?

And if you're going to be upgrading the graphics card, you should also upgrade the power supply as well.

Don't you already have a thread just like this that is up?

But if you want people to actually give a half decent response, you should describe your situation better. What games you play, what games you plan on playing, your desire for graphics settings, etc.

The question that needs to be asked, is why do you want to upgrade a Q6600? If it's just for the sake of upgrading -- fine, but to me it seems like a complete waste of time and money to upgrade a processor that high end. Do you realize how powerful this CPU still is? Just because its "old" now doesn't mean its still not a powerhouse that is more powerful than 95% of the CPUs in the market.

I say wait till the new video cards come out. Then get one of those + a new PSU. Rest of your system is good.

im getting a new 22" witch has a res of 1680 X 1050

im now just really looking at a just a new graifics card if you think my other componants are good then can you give me some idears on what type of grafics card i shold be looking at

I play to many game to list but i play most new games out Cryisit WOW un can't remember the rest
Assinis Creed

I can upgrade my power supply Will all power supplys fit my CoolMaster case ATX full tower if you need a link ill get you the name
COOLER MASTER Centurion black case with sliver edging on front

don't really have a buget at the moment ill say it should cost less than 600 right
about 400 on card and 200 on psu if it cost more its ok

if i can't rmeber what i put in there are tool right can tell me right
will a new psu have all the conectors that i need for the compents

o_O well, i dont think youll be needing $200 on a psu, something like a corsair 750w should be good for anything you get now and future upgrades, which run at around $120. but for a gpu, if you dont need an immediate upgrade now, you could wait for the next gen cards to come out. if not, then maybe look into a 4890 or gtx 285.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom