New Old School Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badgerme

Baseband Member
Hey guys. After talking with some people on this board I've decided it might be in my best interest to buy a new video card for my busted computer. Since I have an old motherboard I believe I could get a new video card for fairly cheap.

My current motherboard is GIGABYTE K8NS NFORCE3 754 GA-K8NS...I believe this motherboard uses the AGP 4X/8X port for the video card...correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is the case what would be peoples recommendation for a new video card. Realistically I would like to get a cheap video card to see if this is actually the problem...I assume I could pick one up for around $50.

So I figure I might as well pick up another 512 RAM considering my computer currently only has one stick of 512.

I have a GIGABYTE K8NS NFORCE3 754 GA-K8NS motherboard and I think I understand that it will run DDR400/333/266 - 184pin RAM. With that being said I found a 512 stick that seems reasonable. What do others think?

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!)

Or would it be more cost efficient to get 1gb and get this??

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Value 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory - Retail

Does the fact that this video card is only 64-bit affect how it will work with playing games? I'm very new to this stuff and don't exactly understand how the MB and bits affect the game play. My current video card, which I believe is dead, is a 128MB and 256-bit video card...so it has less MB but more bit...what affect does this have? If any of that made sense and anybody would like to answer I would be greatly appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom