New nvidia cards? Smart or dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I got with a 6600 or a 6600 GT? keep in mind that it will only be until the 7900 cards come out?

Dont get an ATI as a temporary card if you plan on switching to Nvidia. Much of the time you have problems switching from ATI to Nvidia without a format, when you could just upgrade an Nvidia to a better Nvidia without a reformat.

The 6600GT is a lot better then the normal 6600. Seeing as you want it only as a temporary card, Id still go with a 6600gt if you plan on playing relatively new video games. If you're a cheapskate like me though you'd probably buy an even cheaper card though, like a ti 4 series even if you can get one. The 7900 cards probably arn't to far off so just go cheap.

EDIT- doh I wasnt thinking, you have PCIE. Yea just get a 6600gt then.

Okay awesome. Once again, thankyou guys. Pretty **** excited to get this computer up and running.

Oh one more thing! How much do you think the 7900 cards will cost on release? Just an estimation?

Thanks Again.

there are rumours that the X1900 is to be around 1000 USD

the 7900 would be around the same

The X1900 is already out and it doesnt costs $599 for the XTX version and $549 for the XT version. You think the 7900's will be roughly the same?

hopefully they will be about that much, but seeing as the 7800gtx 512 is 750 or whatever the riduculous amount is, it will probably be more than that. I am actually going to skip the g71 and buy a g80 when it comes out

X1900 is out already? i meant the R580 core one !

edit : oops..yeah its out, i better keep myself updated, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom