a new mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtis

In Runtime
I currently have the Microsoft / Razer Habu mouse and this thing has a lack of support, mainly i think cuz neither microsoft or razer wanted to step up to provide it. Anyway, recently it's been dying, it will act like it's unplugged and take a second to re-register that a mouse is plugged in, and windows makes that sound when a usb device is connected. It's really annoying and not a great mouse all around.

I'm wondering if anyone on the board has used or bought either the new Razer Black Mamba or the Logitech G9, and what are your experiences with them. Both are pretty expensive mice, which is why i'm trying to do some research before deciding on which one I would like to buy.

Thanks in advance.

I'd just like to say that my Habu mouse has performed beautifully so far, although the main reason I bought it over the G5 was because of price, and then Newegg puts a sale a week later making the G5 cheaper :(

Hopefully I don't encounter any issues with my mouse. How old is yours?

ive had the exact same problem with razer mice before. about 3 years ago i bought a razer krait mouse and it worked beautiful for about a year and a half then it started to act like it was disconnected and would reconnect itself like yours is doing and the left click button was starting to wear out. over the next 6 months it kept getting worse and worse till it eventually would not function at all.
then i grabbed it by the usb plug and body slammed it onto a concrete floor and got a $10 logitech laser mouse from wal-mart, with no problems yet.

My Habu is about a year old or older, but yea, it's getting really annoying. If i just move the mouse too quick or if it gets turned upside down, button facing down, it acts up all crazy. it's like the laser inside is disconnecting for a moment and then comes back.

I would not recommend the Habu. It will jump around sometimes too, like the mouse is super sensitive. I don't really like it. Maybe mine was just messed up, I don't know.

So no word on the G9 or Black Mamba? Does anyone own one?

My Lachesis is a year and a half old and going strong. My Diamondback was already over a year old when I got it, I used it for a year, and sold it... still working just fine with the new owner.

I have the g7 and it's great, been working for about 1.5 years aswell and never had any problems with it, love the high sensitivity :D I also have a friend wit hthe copperhead and boy does he love his mouse, just a bit too long for my stubby hands though.

I have the g7 and it's great, been working for about 1.5 years aswell and never had any problems with it, love the high sensitivity :D I also have a friend wit hthe copperhead and boy does he love his mouse, just a bit too long for my stubby hands though.

I also have the G7. Had it for a little over a year now. This mouse gets hours of use everyday with not a single problem. Swapping out the batteries takes just seconds.

I can't stand wired mice. I tried many times to use one but the cords always seem to be in the way. The wireless G7 works great for me as far as precision goes. I'm sure there are some wired mice with better precision or feel but this one works flawless for me.

I went with the G9. It was only 50 bux at Frys after a mail in rebate. They had it marked down from 100 to 75 at the store and then the rebate is for 25 bux. So it's a great deal, and I don't think the Razer Black Mamba is 70 dollars better. The reviews for the mamba were pretty mixed on newegg.

If anyone needs a new mouse i would investigate Frys right now cuz 50 bux for a top of the line mouse is a killer deal.

It works great so far and feels a lot smoother than my Habu.

thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom