new motherboard what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok my computer is just fine but the motherboard that I have is total krap so I was thinkin about getting another mother, but I have never done it before and I don't know anyone around me that would be able to help me out with it. I am a little worried that I am going to get started and get lost or mess something up. so I guess my question is what should I know about changing a motherboard what makes it so hard like everyone says? and with all my older stuff (GPU, CPU, etc..) do I have to reload the drivers or anything like that, I don't think so since there are on the hard drive right? just tell me what you guess know and don't just give me a google link cause that is where I am going after I get done typing this. thanks for any help

All you have to do is make sure of correct socket and Video card Port.

Then once you hook it all up you can either reinstall or run a repair of windows. And that should be it. If your Lucky.

When changing you motherboard you want to make sure that it is size compatible, ATX BTX etc. Then you want to make sure you get the right socket for your CPU, 939, 775 etc. They youÂ’re going to want to get something compatible with your graphics card, PCIe or AGP. After you figure everything out and get the motherboard that suits all these qualities you should just be able to pop the old one out and put the new one in, and then reinstall windows. If you thinking about changing the motherboard on a prebuilt like Dell or HP then IÂ’m not to sure it will work. Otherwise, it should be all systems go.

ok thanks for the help I know all the parts that I have and what I need the new motherboard to have and what I want it to have and i know what boards will fit my case I am just worried about changing it. Thanks for the replys so fast you have been a big help. really dumb question but when I reinstall windows all i do is just put in my recovery CD right? or is there more to it then that? Also what about the drivers for all my other stuff (GPU,CPU,etc...) do I have to reinstall them also or should they be ok? sorry for dumb questions I just don't want to get something wrong when I am doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom