New Motherboard, Help please with Selecting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rkr4y

Solid State Member
Hey there, im about to go out and buy myself a brand new Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2. I do have slight problem though ^^

I have an Dell Dimension 4500 (Dim4500) with an rather old motherboard, and i am not sure what motherboard would be suitable.. do you guys know what board i should buy??

My sys Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
RAM: 1024MB DDR
Mainboard: Intel Corporation D84ept2

These should be the main important, the thing is, ghe GeForce 7950 GX2 needs PCI-Express, and my Board does not have/support it. I dont want to have a big hassle, i would like to buy a board i can simply switch/exchange, without having to buy a new PC. (I want to keep my dell if possible).

Please reply as soon as possible, since i will be getting my card soon!!

If ICQ, conntact me! ICQ: 206138843

THANKS!!

greets D4rkr4y,
Chris

why not? With a 2.8 GHz CPU? Why not? you think i need a better CPU?? Oo

I mean, i can still get a better CPU later, i just need a suitable Motherboard!

thx for reply

greets D4rkr4y

hmmm

Could you post what i might need, the thing is, i will be getting the 7950, since i will be getting it for a job i did for this firm, the qestion is, what else i need to make it run, i thinkt the CPU isnt that bad, its mainly the mainboard, and maybe even the PSU, but im not quite sure, thats why im posting here to finde out what i would need.

thanks

greets D4rkr4y

I have 1024 DDR ram, not quite sure what exact type though, how could i find out?

greets D4rkr4y

hmm, I would have to open my pc now thoug, and that could be a kind of a hassle, or would i be important?

Greets D4rkr4y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom