New Monitor Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cylon

Baseband Member
I've decided to up grade my 17' CRT which i've had for over 5 years to one of these new lcd monitors. Top priority is probably gaming performance and quality, a full hd capable monitor would be nice but i guess its not everything.

So i made this chart of the monitors that appeal to my needs. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Price is important and i'd like to save as much money as possible but all the monitors i've selected are within my price range.

Sorry about the pdf i'm sure a lot of you aren't big fans but its the only way i could fit the chart to make it clear and concise, and defiantly way better than making you download a csv file.

http://www.2ngaming.com/members/cyl0n/Monitorsprdsh2.pdf

I'd say keep the CRT until it breaks. Unless you are a professional gamer.

personally im going with this....
who doesn't want to game and watch movies and such in HD?

The Amish.

Yeah that does look like the most overall bang for my buck, i hadn't heard of sceptre till i started looking. I don't know very much about their quality issues (dead pixels, backlight bleeding, etc). As oppose to a samsung which have been making monitors for years. I also read somewhere that Asus makes good monitors.

well thats one of my problems these monitors don't have too many bad issues so now i'm forced to decided which monitor has the most good features.

I'm going to have to suggest BenQ, in my experience and my friend's experience, they are great monitors.

Newegg.com - BenQ G2400WD Black 24" 5ms, 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 DC 4000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

This looks like a solid piece of work right here and I'm thinking about upgrading to that from my 1600x1200 LCD (also a BenQ). It's slimmer, lighter without the speakers feature and overall looks like a solid screen.

I'm personally going to stick with BenQ for my LCDs, out of my own personal opinion.

Oh, and I forgot to mention it supports HDMI. You can run your consoles in high-def on this without the hassle, if you feel so inclined.

hmm... ya i dont see that HD connector on the other, looks like i might be switching what im getting haha.

I got my 22' widescreen westinghouse 1680x1050 2ms for $160(180 cant remember) from target on black friday i believe it was.. love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom