Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sickness

In Runtime
I'm in the market for a new LCD monitor after my old CRT bit the dust. I've been doing some reading on several boards and came up with 4 choices. I'd like your opinion on which one would be the best deal to pick up right now.

Viewsonic VX2025WM
A lot of people have been talking about this monitor. $329.99 at Newegg.

Dell 2007FPW Outlet
I found a Dell 2007FPW for $330 over at Dell Outlet. Not sure if this is a great deal, but I know a lot of people have the 2007 and love it.

BenQ FP202W
Not much known about the BenQ brand. $294 at the Egg.

Westinghouse 19"
Don't know too much about this brand either. It's pretty cheap at $179.99 at Best Buy.

The only thing I'm kind of confused about is resolution. Some of the screens, like the Westinghouse have a Native Resolution and Max Resolution of 1440x900 and others, the Dell, is 1680x1050. Would I even be able to run that Westinghouse at a higher resolution or is it restricted to 1440x900? My video card should be able to push anything thrown at it, it's a 7800GTX. Thanks.

I have a viewsonic and I love it, but I have to say the BenQ does look nice, it's cheap, and it's got the good response time... 8ms what's the shipping going to cost from best or egg??? that will depend as well...

I've got a Best Buy right by me, so I think I can order it online and pick one up at the store. Shipping at the Egg is ~13 bucks.

Between these I'd go with the Viewsonic. Keep in mind that Dell is just a more expensive Samsung monitor (rebranded) and Samsungs are extremely good. I love mine :)

The BenQ has a lower contrast ratio, doesn't it? I think it's 600:1.

Jorsoft, what Samsung monitor do you have?

ive heard of color issues with the benqs. out of those id go with the dell, but yeah you might want to look into a samsung beyond those choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom