New Mobo, RAM, and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Intel and AMD well matched? I know friends that play many games and are on Intel and AMD.

I agree, AMDs aren't as powerful as Intels are. The benchmarks say so. In reality though, are we playing Crysis on full?

Edit: I have those Ripjaws, and I am having no problems playing SC2 on ultimate or otherwise. No, I am not OCing.

Intel and AMD are not well matched on most levels. AMD owns the low end and mid-range CPU fronts, but Intel holds the high end range. AMD's hex cores reach into that realm, but Intel's 1366 CPUs are who dwell there.

benchmarks are great, but that's all they are... a set of numbers generated by performing certain tasks. They give us a general ranking most of the time, but they are not the whole picture. Intel's chips perform some tasks way better than AMD (and always have), while AMD does better on some others. No benchmark gives as complete a picture as using a given CPU day in and day out, gaming and more mundane purposes. It all eventually comes to the point that the human senses can't distinguish the difference because it s so small and so fast, anyway.

Intel and AMD are not well matched on most levels. AMD owns the low end and mid-range CPU fronts, but Intel holds the high end range. AMD's hex cores reach into that realm, but Intel's 1366 CPUs are who dwell there.

benchmarks are great, but that's all they are... a set of numbers generated by performing certain tasks. They give us a general ranking most of the time, but they are not the whole picture. Intel's chips perform some tasks way better than AMD (and always have), while AMD does better on some others. No benchmark gives as complete a picture as using a given CPU day in and day out, gaming and more mundane purposes. It all eventually comes to the point that the human senses can't distinguish the difference because it s so small and so fast, anyway.
Its all in how you look at the numbers. If you see one final score and thats it then benchmarks really arent anything. I use benches to specifically see how my machine performs in certain areas without looking at just a whole number. For instance how i used GPU score as an example to show CPU bottlenecking. Its really hard to explain but its a trick i learned from kingpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom