New MOBO

fallenapples

In Runtime
So I purchased a new MOBO. ASRock N68C-GS FX/ S FX. I put an old Atholon 64 in the here and wired everything. It turns on, but I still get no signal. Any thoughts? There is a 4 pin connector for the cpu. My psi has that 4 pin connector and it goes into the main. There is no extra 4 pin. I tried to just use the 20 pins and plug the 4 pin the cpu slot and nothing happens.

So I purchased a new MOBO. ASRock N68C-GS FX/ S FX. I put an old Atholon 64 in the here and wired everything. It turns on, but I still get no signal. Any thoughts? There is a 4 pin connector for the cpu. My psi has that 4 pin connector and it goes into the main. There is no extra 4 pin. I tried to just use the 20 pins and plug the 4 pin the cpu slot and nothing happens.

PSU_connectors_ATX12V.jpg

Take that 20 pin +4 connector and put it into the main slot.
Make sure your 4 pin atx connector is inserted in properly.
Check your case wires closely, one for pwr, rst, led and hdd.
Take your pwr and connect it first, power on the machine.
If nothing happens, you have the wire in reverse, flip it and reinsert.
Once you here it fire on, shut it down after 10 seconds and do the rest of the wires correctly/

For the record, please specify which psu model brand you have.
Look at the label on the psu and look for the model number.

Yes that is the mobo. Solid Gear, SDGR-550E. I'm thinking it could be the cpu no? It runs extremely loud, regardless of the fan. It is very loud. I can turn the cpu through the front panel. But I get no picture.

I took of the 8 pin pci e connectors. They are split. But still no picture.

Just to verify somethings, when you hit power did it come on and the keyboard lights flickered 3 times ?
That will be a good sign of normal posting from your bios.
If it didn't come on, not even a flicker of the fan trying to spin up.
It maybe a psu issue, lastly what type of ram did you use ?
I noticed that motherboard can use ddr2 and ddr3 ?

Which one did you use and which brand name and capacity is it ?

And the fan spins extremely loudly, to the point the case vibrates really bad. The cpu did the exact same thing in its original mobo. I tried two fans and all are loud. So I don't believe it's a fan issue.

So I bought a new cpu and some. Installed it and the screen still would not show. I removed the gnu and used the on board one, and now it works! Thanks for the help Mike.

Back
Top Bottom