New mid-high end pc?

i dont need a monitor just the PC... but yours inc VAT is coming out at over £900?
That's because my rig has a quality PSU, wireless card, better video card, better CPU, better case, and an SSD. All of that for only 80 extra.

If you take away the monitor, keyboard, and extras on your it is much cheaper sure, but you said you only needed the PC.

If you take the monitor and keyboard off your rig, add the FX4300, 660ti, and 650w Corsair PSU it winds up being 817.

Last edited:
Either switch the case to a lower priced one and get the 6300 or get the 4300. Try to understand that the FX series went backwards in performance compared to the Phenom 2 quads like the 955 and 965. The latest update which is Vishera (the *300 series) improves on single threaded performance to balance out the issue. It still isn't up to par, but way better than Bulldozer performance. That is why I'm so against the FX line.

sorry that didnt make much sense to me i wish i understood these technical terms! what do i have to change on that above build to make it decent?

Not to sound rude, but I already told you in the first sentence. Get one of the CPUs that has a 3 in it. The 6300 with a cheaper case or the 4300.
The last bit was explaining why I said that. Can't really explain it more than what my article suggests at the top of this sub-forum.

sweet, as always thanks for the help, ill just upgrade to the 4300 and keep the case :)

Back
Top Bottom